LOG IN. In this Book. Additional Information.
- Profiles of Anabaptist Women – WLU Press?
- Keyword Search.
- Annals of Cases on Information Technology.
- Going back to work : a practical guide to re-entering the job market.
- Bringing the Anabaptist Past into a Digital Century.
- Romantic Escapes in the Bahamas.
Table of Contents. Cover Download Save.
- Sixteenth-Century Reforming Pioneers.
- Engström–Finean Biological Ultrastructure?
- DVD Confidential 2 The Sequel.
- Project MUSE - Profiles of Anabaptist Women.
- Profiles of Anabaptist Women : Sixteenth-Century Reforming Pioneers;
Frontmatter Download Save. Table of Contents pp. Acknowledgments pp.
Abbreviations pp. Illustrations pp.
Profiles of Anabaptist Women: Sixteenth Century Reforming Pioneers
Introduction pp. The Swiss Anabaptist Context pp.
Agnes Zender of Aarau pp. Agnes Linck from Biel pp. Adelheit Schwartz of Watt pp.
Margret Hottinger of Zollikon pp. During the upheavals of the Reformation, one of the most significant of the radical Protestant movements emerged — that of the Anabaptist movement. Profiles of Anabaptist Women provides lively, well-researched profiles of the courageous women who chose to risk prosecution and martyrdom to pursue this unsanctioned religion — a religion that, unlike the established religions of the day, initially offered them opportunity and encouragement to proselytize.
Direction: Profiles of Anabaptist Women: Sixteenth-Century Reforming Pioneers
Derived from sixteenth-century government records and court testimonies, hymns, songs and poems, these profiles provide a panorama of life and faith experiences of women from Switzerland, Germany, Holland and Austria. Taken together, these sketches will give readers an appreciation for the central role played by Anabaptist women in the emergence and persistence of this radical branch of Protestantism.
For those interested in further research, a comprehensive review of existing literature on women in Anabaptism is included as an appendix. Swiss Anabaptist Women.
Profiles of Anabaptist Women
The Swiss Anabaptist Context. Agnes Zender of Aarau. Agnes Linck from Biel. Adelheit Schwartz of Watt. Margret Hottinger of Zollikon. Elsbeth Theiller of Horgen. Anna Scharnschlager of Hopfgarten, Tirol. Margaret Hellwart of Beutelsbach. Anabaptist Women Leaders in Augsburg. Sabina Bader of Augsburg. Magdalena, Walpurga, and Sophia Marschalk von Pappenheim. Helena von Freyberg of Munichau. Anna Gasser of Lusen. Anabaptist Women in Tirol who Recanted.
Elisabeth von Wolkenstein of Uttenheim. Katharina Purst Hutter of Sterzing. Women in the Chronicle of the Hutterian Brethren. Margarethe Pruss of Strasbourg. Ursula Jost and Barbara Rebstock of Strasbourg. Hille Feicken of Sneek. Divara of Haarlem.
- Profiles Of Anabaptist Women: Sixteenth-century Reforming Pioneers pdf document.
- VIAF ID: 58682542 (Personal).
- Sonatina in F Major, Op. 59, No. 2?
- Bowling Alone - The Collapse and Revival of American Community?
- Fler böcker av författarna;
- Recent Posts;
Fenneke van Geelen of Deventer. Women Supporters of David Joris. Anna Jansz of Rotterdam.