Common types of primary sources include works of literature, historical documents, original philosophical writings, and religious texts. Read Overview.
Read preview Overview. Vienna, Congress of The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed.
What was the Congress of Vienna?
The Congress of Vienna
Search the whole site. Share Discover in a free daily email today's famous history and birthdays Enjoy the Famous Daily.
- Windows PowerShell 2 For Dummies;
- An Optimized Translation Process and Its Application to ALGOL 68.
- Oxford Historical Treaties!
- Where Wars Go to Die - The Forgotten Literature of World War I.
- Congress of Vienna, Wiener Kongress, Napoleon, Metternich - History of Austria.
- Successional specialization in a reptile community cautions against widespread planned burning and complete fire suppression?
- Congress Vienna - AbeBooks.
The congress of Vienna, summoned by the four powers who have done most to defeat Napoleon Britain, Russia, Prussia, Austria , is an attempt to stabilize the map of Europe after the upheavals caused by more than twenty years of war. All the crowned heads and their representatives are welcome in Vienna, with the result that there is much entertainment and glamorous festivity throughout the winter of Behind the glitter, orchestrated by Metternich, the hard work of diplomacy goes on.
Persuasion through negotiation at the Congress of Vienna | DiploFoundation
The four great nations intend to make all the decisions themselves, but Talleyrand - representing the newly restored Louis XVIII - ensures that France has an equal place at the table. Her participation in any agreed balance of power will be essential.
All of Europe sent its most-important statesmen. Tsar Alexander I of Russia directed his own diplomacy.
Bicentenario de las Independencias Americanas
Great Britain was represented by its foreign minister, Viscount Castlereagh. Spain, Portugal, and Sweden had only men of moderate ability to represent them. Many of the rulers of the minor states of Europe put in an appearance.
- Congress of Vienna: ;
- Pulsed and Pulsed Bias Sputtering: Principles and Applications.
- Declaration at the Congress of Vienna;
- Abstracts and Papers - The Congress of Vienna Making Peace After Global War.
With them came a host of courtiers, secretaries, and ladies to enjoy the magnificent social life of the Austrian court. Assisting Metternich as host, Friedrich Gentz played a vital role in the management of protocol and in the secretarial organization of the congress. The social side of the congress was, in fact, one of the causes of the long and unexpected delay in producing a result, for Metternich at least sometimes subordinated business to pleasure.
The procedure of the congress was determined by the difficulty and complexity of the issues to be solved. First there was the problem of the organization of the congress, for which there was no precedent.
They were then to communicate their decisions to France and Spain. The full congress was to be summoned only when all was ready.